A Gift of Hearing

At 65, I'm very proud to say that my mom still looks 50. She is still very healthy and still was able to go to the mall alone, go to Church activities every other day and still have time to visit us every week. I adore her energy and her outlook in life. She is indeed enjoying her life to the fullest. There is only one thing the concerns me, she is now having difficulty hearing. You need to really speak louder for her to be able to understand what you are saying. Good thing, I do have a strong voice so conversing with her is a breeze, but how about others who are not aware of her condition? How would they react if my mom was not able to respond to what they are saying?

One of these days, I'll gonna buy her one of those hearing aids to help her hear better. I believe there's also what they call digital hearing aids which is a more advanced type. I'm yet to decide as to what to buy. I guess I need to accompany her first to a specialized clinic to have her hearing tests done first to know what would best suit her needs. I hope through my own little way of helping her with her hearing problem, I can express my deep love for her.

No comments: