My Brother's Treatment

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I was supposed to go to my mother's house where she along with my older brother and my nephew is living but since it's my college bestfriend Malen's birthday...I might need to move it next week.

I am excited not just to see mom and my nephew, but also to see and talk to my older brother Elmer. We might not be that close, actually, we used to be enemies. He is just the black sheep in the family. He didn't finish his studies, he was married at the age of 18 and a father at the age of 19. He never had a "real job" and has always been dependent on my mother for everything.

He's been an alcoholic and has been an alcohol dependent since the age of 25. Now at 40, he is still struggling to get rid of that addiction. I know that he wants to change since he had his youngest son who is now three years old. He is the only one raising the kid along with my mom. I also know that he've realized that mom is not getting any younger and might not always be there all the time for him. That is the exact same reason I want to meet with him. I want to help him get rid of his addiction by encouraging him to seek Alcohol Treatment . I've learned about those Alcohol Treatment Centers through the internet and I am positive that by undergoing such Alcohol Treatment Programs will do wonders in his life. All he needs to do is to accept that he is an alcoholic and that it's doing him no good at all and to submit himself to the treatment. I hope my brother's life would be better after the treatment.

No comments: