On Improving Lives

I'm happy that everything went well during my sister's stay here in our place. I believe she enjoyed each and everyday she's with us and I too am very happy that my family again had bonded after almost a year of not being able to see each other. My family is not perfect, we also had problems and one of those is my cousin's drug addiction problem. He's been hooked to methamphetamine for almost five years now and we can really feel our aunt's burden when we met her for our annual family reunion. Though my cousin is now 40 years old and already has his own family, my aunt still feels that the reason why he became an addict is because she wasn't able to pay much attention to him when he was still a kid. She already tried everything to help me get out of his addiction but everything failed. When mom had the chance to talk to her, she said that the best thing to do is to send him to the US where his father lives. My aunt and his husband has been separated since my cousin was only five years old. Mom said that there are a lot of competent meth treatment centers in California would definitely help my cousin recover from his addiction. Those prescription drug treatment centers in California are specifically trained to help addicts cope with their addiction and help them start their lives all over again. Mom feels that sending him to California, away from bad influences would definitely speed up his recovery. Good thing, my aunt took mom's advice and is now on the process of looking for the best meth treatment centers in California . I hope she would be able to find one as soon as possible.

No comments: